Lifehouse is hiring a Technology Integration Specialist for our new Technology Program! This person will join us in promoting independence, communication, and quality of life through technology for people with developmental disabilities.
The Technology Integration Specialist works directly with the individuals with developmental disabilities and their support team to develop, implement, and maintain technology solutions that meet the needs and desires of the people we support. The individuals live in their own homes and group homes throughout Marin and Sonoma Counties.
What you will be doing:
- Teach the people we support to use technology effectively and monitor and document their progress
- Customize iPads, iPhones, Mac and PC for the skills, needs, and desires of the individuals
- Train and teach support staff on how to use customized setup
- Adjust and adapt technology setups to best support the individual
- Maintain mobile device management and remote support software
- Assistive Technology Setups for people with physical disabilities
- Implement “Smart Group Homes” with the technology manager
- Day to day tech support and contact person for the individuals we support
Why you should apply:
- Join this exciting new program at Lifehouse and help shape the projects we can realize!
- Lifehouse is a well established non-profit with continuous growth, committed to respect and trust.
- You will make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
- Lifehouse offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, employer funded HRA, Life and LTD, FSA, 401(k) with employer match, pet insurance, paid holidays, sick, and vacation.
- This is a non-exempt position, 30 hours per week, 6 hours per day, 12pm to 6pm with some flexibility
What you will bring:
- Great technology skills: PC, Mac, iPad, and various assistive technology
- Experience in tech support and troubleshooting problems
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Friendly, helpful attitude and the willingness to go the extra mile
- High attention to detail and great follow through
- Collaborative work style and great communication skills
- ATP certification or related education would be great
- Reliable transportation, clean DMV and background check