Lifehouse is looking for an Assistant Manager for our Autism Program to join us in our mission to change lives for people with developmental disabilities. At Lifehouse, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live as independently as possible and to participate fully in our community.
As Assistant Manager in our Autism Program, you will oversee the day to day operations of a program supporting individuals with Autism living in their own apartments and shared homes in Marin County. You will supervise 25 staff in a Supported Living setting.
What you will be doing:
- Implement an Autism program that incorporates the TEACCH method, specifically designed to support the people we serve to reach their highest potential and ensure quality of life
- Hire, train, and motivate qualified direct support counselors
- Schedule employees to meet the individual needs of the people we support
- Provide community integration and development of social skills by coordinating daily activities
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with parents and third party agencies
- Oversee medication and medical appointments, including follow-up
- Respond to after-hour emergencies as needed
Why you should apply:
- You will make a difference.
- You will be part of a great team working towards integration and changing the perception of people with developmental disabilities in the community
- Lifehouse is one of the first agencies in Northern CA implementing a Person Centered Thinking approach to the services we provide.
- You will join a successful nonprofit committed to respect and trust
- Competitive pay starting at $47,000
- Outstanding benefits, including medical, employer funded HRA, dental, vision, Life, LTD, EAP, FSA, retirement plan with employer match, pet insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and much more.
What you will bring:
- Friendly, helpful attitude, willing to go the extra mile
- Experience working with individuals with Autism
- Experience supervising and managing employees
- BA/BS strongly preferred
- Computer skills
- CA driver’s license and a clean driving record
- A positive outlook and the urge to make a difference