Lifehouse is looking for an Assistant House Manager for our ILS home located in Fairfax to join us in our mission to change lives for people with developmental disabilities. Since 1954, Lifehouse has opened the doors of opportunity and independence to individuals with developmental disabilities through community integration, life-skill training, advocacy, referral and information. At Lifehouse, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live as independently as possible and to participate fully in our community.
This full-time, non-exempt position is for a qualified Assistant House Manager for a licensed, Level 3 group home located in Fairfax, serving 6 residents with mild to moderate developmental disabilities.
What you will be doing:
The Independent Living Skills (ILS) Assistant House Manager is responsible for direct client supervision and training as well as supervision and training of staff as directed by the House Manager. The Assistant House Manager maintains contact with parents, day programs, and other professionals concerning the ongoing program needs of individual clients. His/her duties and responsibilities include obtaining, maintaining, and documenting programming and services necessary to fulfill client needs. S/He is also responsible for Individual Service Plan (ISP) development and documentation and any other program duties as designated by the House Manager. In addition, the Assistant House Manager acts as the clients’ rights advocate and as a liaison to the community with regards to the program and a representative of the Lifehouse organization.
- Supervise all house activities
- Teach independent living skills
- Assist clients in planning social activities, appointments, and meetings
- Assist with transportation needs of clients
- Encourage growth in independent living
- Daily documentation as well as monthly and semi-annual reports
- Supervise one program staff as directed by House Manager
- Train relief staff in all aspects of the operation as directed by House Manager
- Schedule qualified staff for all shifts as directed by House Manager
- Ensure that all Title 17 and 22 regulations are adhered to
- Grocery shopping for the house
Schedule: Sun (10PM-9AM), Mon-Thu (3PM-11PM)
Why you should apply:
- You will make a difference.
- You will be part of a great team working towards integration and changing the perception of people with developmental disabilities in the community
- Lifehouse is one of the first agencies in Northern CA implementing a Person Centered Thinking approach to the services we provide.
- You will join a successful nonprofit committed to respect and trust
- 10 paid holidays, 2 weeks vacation and 7 days sick time per year
- Outstanding benefits, including medical, employer funded HRA, dental, vision, Life, LTD, EAP, FSA, retirement plan with employer match, pet insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and much more.
What you will bring:
- BA preferred in social or behavioral science
- Training/related experience working with people with developmental disabilities
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Managerial/Supervisory experience preferred
- DSP Year One and Two certificates preferred
- Clear oral and written communication skills
Employment is dependent upon medical clearance, including a TB test and fingerprint clearance