At Lifehouse, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live as independently as possible and to participate fully in our community. We are looking for someone to work one on one with a young man with Autism. Shifts are scheduled from Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 3:00PM.
What you will be doing:
- Help the people we support reach their goals in various areas
- Teach independent living skills, such as cooking healthy meals, household tasks, grocery and necessity shopping, money management, and public transportation
- Ensure the highest level of independence for the people you support by assisting in day to day tasks
- Support community integration and development of social skills through recreational activities
- Monitor medication and accompany the people you support to medical appointments; Assist with hygiene if needed
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and third party agencies
- Participate in team meetings and training as well as agency wide opportunities
Why you should apply:
- You will make a difference.
- You will be part of a great team working towards integration and changing the perception of people with developmental disabilities in the community.
- You will be part of one of the first agencies in Northern California implementing a Person Centered Thinking approach to the services we provide.
- You will join a successful nonprofit committed to respect and trust.
- Competitive pay, starting at $14.71/hour for this position
- Outstanding benefits, including medical, employer funded HRA, dental, vision, Life, LTD, EAP, FSA, retirement plan with an employer match, pet insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and much more
What you will bring:
- Friendly, helpful attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities — or other experience if you find that it would be helpful for this position
- BA/BS in a related field is desired
- CA driver’s license and a clean driving record
- A positive outlook and the urge to make a difference